Monday 16 June 2014

Week One. It's Green...

20 Stone...oh wait I've already said that.

So I didn't really do much this weekend to solve the 'fat dad' problem...pizza and a wedding reception of Friday night(chicken and sausage and stuff). Another wedding reception on Saturday (Stovies, Haggis, tatties, neeps).

Fathers day yesterday, big dinner cooked by Valario, my Italian soon-to-be father-in-law. Chips and pie and breaded chicken. hey ho. not good but what can I say. I love to eat. Oh yes, the full bar of bournville last night. Not good.

So it's Monday and time for a clean sweep. Green smoothie for breakfast at 08:15  (Spinach, apple, ginger, 1/2 courgette, carrots). actually quite nice!

It's 11:25 though now and I'm feeling it. The hunger that is.

Katie doesn't know I'm doing the juice breakfast/juice lunch for the next 5 days and then the same next week. I don't like being hungry, but I remember a vet saying, when she was telling me my dog (now gone to the big garden in the imagination) needed to loose weight that 'She'll be hungry, but don't feed her, even when she gives you the eyes.'

I have to accept the fact that I'm going to get hungry. I'm allowing myself as snacks - 1 Banana/day with Unlimited Cucumber and Unlimited Celery a couple of baby tomatoes would hurt either. So there is no need to not snack. Even as I write this I feel my confidence wane.

Must Focus.

So thought for today - why do we not crave food that is good for us?

I mean I have never woken at 3 AM and though 'Fuck me, I could hurt a small animal for some celery.'

So we have two things really -
Hunger and craving

Hunger is what your body does when it wants something it needs
Craving is when your body is telling you it wants something you are addicted too.

I KNOW that this is a very broad brush but you know I have a very broad gut, and thinking in black and white helps.

So if I'm hungry, I'll eat good solid healthy stuff. If I'm craving for it I wont have it.

alan



No comments:

Post a Comment